Updates and my choice to go back to compression.

I’ll catch you up on a few things…

Miles and I ventured to the beach all by ourselves last week. That was fun, and something I don’t plan to do again solo until next summer, maybe. He did find me a heart rock he said, so I know he loves me 🙂

Bambi had a bit of a doggy virus that ran through the house the past few weeks. I’m glad she’s feeling better. She just needs to make it a few more weeks to our new house…

Chris and I rode our bikes over to a “Touch a Truck” event in town with this little guy. He had a blast and we quite enjoyed it ourselves.

And then we rode our bikes to stop for ice cream on the way home. If you look real far in the background, there is the window to the room I gave birth to Miles in 🙂 Look at that, how many years later. Sorry Chris, bad shot. Three little old ladies said Miles was so well behaved. If they only knew I bribed him with ice cream…

Last Thursday, Chris and I had a movie date night, something we haven’t had in what seems like forever. We went to see Tammy and had a good laugh. Not the best McCarthy I’ve seen, but a cute story.

Oh, we had a special visitor up from Florida this week, too. Matty and his mommy, cousin Andrea. I think Matty liked my cupcakes 🙂 He took a tubby with Miles after. I’m so so thankful that Florida managed to come to us this year, since we aren’t able to make it down this summer.

Over the weekend, we drove up to Bear Mountain to spend time at Aunt Susan’s lake.

That’s Aunt Susan. She’s a daredevil jumping off the dock. This is why it’s her lake.

Chris spotted a super huge spider and proceeded to talk about it the rest of the day. I touched it.

The Nesi boys.

Miles had no fear of the fish in the lake. I can’t say the same for his mom and dad.

And, back to reality. I ran 5 miles today. It was hot. I felt so overweight and tired. I managed to run/walk it in around an hour. I have got to get up at 5-6am to get these runs in before it’s warm out. Today it was only 70-75 degrees, but no breeze in full sun.

And, well, wearing compression socks, while they feel awesome, doesn’t make the run any cooler.

You’d think that with all this non-running going on, that my calves and tendonitis would have vanished. No such luck. Instead, I’ve been neglecting my stick rolling and stretching – my arm out – for beers and food. I designed a lofty goal in mind for the late fall, so I’ve got to get my act together.

Last night, I decided to put my compression socks on while watching TV with Chris. I actually think I slept better than I have in a while, because my calves weren’t tight and sore.

My goal is to stay on top of my muscles and keep them healthy going forward. I’ve got a lot going on in the coming weeks, and while every fear has crept up in my mind (especially on this run – what am I thinking?!) for my goal, I think having this goal will keep me sane throughout it all.

Last, but not least, I had chocolate milk for recovery and a bagel. It’s not the crunchy granola thing to do, but sometimes you just need to go to what has worked in the past and go with it.

May the angels above keep a watch over me and help me reach for my dreams.

– kn –