Dropping a quick note here on how delicious stuffed mushrooms are. I used Beyond Meat’s Italian Sausage (you can use sweet or hot), and while I used regular parm I think a vegan parm would be just as good. Gluten free breadcrumbs for the win! I had asked my father-in-law for his recipe for stuffed mushrooms and combined that with one I found online for an absolutely delightful lunch.
Quick Vegetarian & Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 white mushroom caps
- 2 links Beyond Sausage
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1 large clove chopped garlic
- 3 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or any cheese you like
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop up the stems.
- Add butter in a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic. Add in crumbled sausage links and chopped stems. Cook for about 5 minutes breaking and mixing everything up. Next, add the spinach until it wilts. Season with salt/pepper.
- Turn off the heat. In a bowl or the pan add the breadcrumbs and cheese. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning.
- Stuff the mushroom caps on a sheet pan (or back in your fry pan if it’s good to use with an oven). If there is mixture leftover, I just put that on the foil next to the mushrooms and it cooked up deliciously!
- Bake uncovered for about 15-20 minute. Let them cool a few minutes and enjoy!
I loved the mixture leftover more than even the stuffed mushrooms. Next time I might just chop up all the mushrooms and bake the mixture on top of the chopped mushrooms.
I enjoyed my tasty lunch while the guys were out digging in the dirt to setup a space for our basketball hoop to move it off our walkway.
Always thankful for quiet Sundays to relax as a family. I did have to work all afternoon remotely, but it’s nice to be home and able to sit out even in the cold sun for a day watching the kids ride their bikes.
How do you like to spend your Sunday?